Craftsmanship and views are at the core of this custom-built home. Located just north of the Mendocino Village on almost an acre of landscaped grounds in the highly desirable Surfwood IV community, this home was constructed of the finest materials and boasts captivating views of the ocean and headlands from nearly every room.
Open the front door and step into a marble entry trimmed in black granite and framed by clear glass with an ocean motif. To your right is a beautiful, uniquely angled cherry hardwood staircase with a Juliet balcony that compliments the octagonal marble and granite entry.
The well-planned entertainer's kitchen features custom-built maple hardwood cabinetry with dovetailed drawers; Uba Tuba granite counter tops; dual Dacor ovens; a Dacor gas range with an electric grill and warming oven; Miele dishwasher; two Subzero refrigerators; and two microwave ovens. Sinks at three separate work stations allow for multiple cooks to comfortably share the space.
Solid cherry hardwood and marble floors with radiant heating keep the chill of a Mendocino morning at bay. Wide hallways and doorways, a first floor master suite make single-level living a breeze.
Step to the left of the kitchen into the stunning master suite where high ceilings, a wall of windows on the ocean side, a bespoke walk-in closet and a gas fireplace combine to provide a cozy light-filled retreat from the communal spaces.
Outside, a large ocean-facing redwood deck provides space for entertaining, whale watching, or just enjoying the beautiful sunsets and makes the transition between indoor and outdoor living seamless.
Completing this two-story residence are two spacious guest bedrooms with full baths, an office and a library. But the true "jewel" of Rosewood Terrace is the crafts studio found just off the kitchen. Inside, a custom-made jeweler's bench, solid wood cabinetry, granite/Corian countertops, and a sink combine to make for a creative retreat that inspires the artist within.
The established landscaping surrounding this Rosewood Terrace residence features gravel paths in the front and rear; two Meyer lemon trees; two magnolias; several types of maple trees; rhododendrons; Australian tea trees; lavenders; Mexican sage; and other deer and drought resistant plantings. Retreat to the gated and fenced backyard, complete with four raised planter beds for flowers and/or vegetables; a greenhouse; and multiple mature fruit trees (a golden delicious, a Fuji apple, and a cherry tree). The landscaping features a programmable watering system allows for environmentally-conscious ease of maintenance. The design and installation of the landscaping was overseen by noted landscape architect, Peggy Quaid.
- Surfwood IV community, association-maintained roads and a reliable community water system, the house features;
- Built 1995 by widely respected Allen S. Booth;
- Two gas fireplaces (one in the living room/dining room area, and one in the master bedroom);
- Plenty of storage and built-ins cabinets;
- Heated towel racks;
- All walls and ceilings plaster finished;
- Extensive wall space and display areas for showcasing fine art and craft;
- Fresh air ventilation and AC systems;
- Hardwired for smoke detectors and alarm system;
- On-demand Generac generator;
- Hardy board siding;
- Hardy shakes 50-year roof;
- Attached two-car garage with workshop area and extensive custom-built storage cabinets;
- Front and backyard irrigation system;
- 3 Bd, 3.5 Ba;
- .95± Acre.
Special-Commissioned Artisan Touches Unique to this home:
- One-of-a-kind glue-chipped and sand-blast-carved clear glass entry door surround designed and created by Sonoma glass artist Vincent Taylor, who also created the matching bar counter;
- Beautifully, uniquely angled cherry hardwood staircase reflecting the octangular marble and granite-floored entry area, with balcony overlooking the public space on the main floor, designed and executed by local woodworking artist Bradley Harris;
- Hand applied subtle "old plaster" faux finish on most interior walls, by former local resident artists Dan and Maria Levin of Chimera Interior Surface Arts;
- Wall murals by former Mendocino resident artist David Gregory;
- Custom-made figured maple entertainment center and lighted glass cabinet/room divider by local woodworking artist Steve Porter;
- Built-in custom-made bookcases and cabinetry by Lee Josephs;
- Original Poulsen white "artichoke" entry chandelier;
- Custom-designed lighting throughout.
- The design and installation of the landscaping was overseen by noted landscape architect, Peggy Quaid.
virtual tour: my.matterport.com/show/?m=svEaESZv3zW
more info: www.44760rosewoodterrace.com